Essiac Tea is a timeless and traditional blend of potent herbs that have historically been used to promote one's health and well-being.
This Essiac Blend is slightly different than our other Essiac Teas because several of the ingredients are in powder form, which makes a slightly thicker brew.
Ingredients: Organic burdock root C/S, organic sheep sorrel herb powder, organic slippery elm bark powder, and organic (Turkey) rhubarb root powder.
Warning: Pregnant women, consult your physician. Should use only stainless steel utensils when preparing this tea.
NOTICE: This product contains Rhubarb Root (Rheum palmatum). Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because Rhubarb Root may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Individuals with a history of kidney stones should use this herb cautiously.
Daily serving size: 4 oz
To prepare Essiac Tea:
- Boil 1 gallon fresh spring water or distilled water in a stainless steel pot.
- Stir in 4 oz of tea (by weight *), cover pot.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir. Cover and let sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Stir, cover, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Strain through a fine mesh colander. Funnel liquid into clean amber glass bottle and cap. Tighten cap after cooling.
- Refrigerate. Mixture will stay fresh for 2-3 weeks if refrigerated.
* If you are unable to weigh 4 oz of tea, you can use the following conversions:
-For Organic and Conventional Essiac Teas: 4 oz is approx. 275 ml or 1 1/16 cup.
-For Organic Trinity Essiac Tea: 4 oz is approx. 180 ml or 3/4 cup.
Directions for drinking:
- Shake herbal tea to mix well. Add 2 fl oz tea to equal amount (2 fl oz) boiled fresh spring or distilled water.
- Drink 4 fl oz daily on an empty stomach, preferably before bedtime.
Packaging: To preserve freshness, aroma, and potency, our 1 lb loose teas are packaged in a polyfoil bag with a re-sealable zipper closure, protecting the contents from light exposure and moisture.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options.
Anything you see or hear in our store is meant to be informative, but is basic knowledge. All aspects, properties, contraindications of every product is not listed; please do your own research. When using natural herbs for therapeutic purposes, even those that are thought to be non-toxic, organic, pure, etc. prudence and caution is called for. Always seek the counsel of a licensed heath- care professional if you are planning to use herbs or any other product in the Aum Herbs store for medicinal purposes.